Training course length is customizable based on your needs.
Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for General Industry
This course is designed for personnel in the private sector interested in teaching the 10- and 30-hour general industry safety and health outreach program to their employees and other interested groups. Special emphasis is placed on those topics that are required in the 10- and 30-hour programs as well as on those that are the most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide. Course participants are briefed on effective instructional approaches and the effective use of visual aids and handouts. This course allows the student to become a trainer in the Outreach Program and to conduct both a 10- and 30- hour general industry safety and health course and to issue cards to participants verifying course completion. Participants have the opportunity to:
- Identify hazards and abatement methods according to applicable standards in 29 CFR Part 1910 Regulations
- Learn training techniques and content tips
- Understand the requirements to conduct 10- and 30-hour outreach courses.
- Qualify as authorized general industry outreach trainers.
- Noise and hearing protection
- Hazardous materials
- Machine guarding
- Industrial hygiene
- Blood borne pathogens
- Walking and Working Surfaces
- OSH Act, OSHA and Part 1910 standards
- Safety programs, inspections, and penalties
- Training techniques
- Hazard identification and communication
- Personal protective equipment
- Fire protection and prevention
Upon Successful Course Completion
- Participants who complete the requirements (attendance, activities and exam) are authorized to conduct and issue OSHA course completion cards for 10- and 30-hour general industry safety and health outreach courses.
- Duration: 4 Day Program
- Prerequisite: OSHA 511
- Certification: 4 years
- Refresher Course: OSHA 503